- Business & Management
- Criminal Justice and Security
- Culinary, Hospitality, Travel, Tourism
- Education & Teaching
- IT & Computer Science
- Legal & Paralegal
- Liberal Arts & Communications
- Medical, Nursing, & Allied Health
- Psychology & Human Services
- Science, Math, & Engineering
- Trades & Vocational Training
- Visual & Performance Arts
- Web Design & Development
- Master of Business Administration
Selected School: Star Career Academy
We are a CHI Partner School.
About Star Career Academy
Star Career Academy – the career school of choice. What makes us unique, and unlike other trade schools, is the dedication of our staff to provide performance-based occupational training. Students will be prepared for entry-level employment in medical assisting and other allied health fields, hotel & restaurant management, cosmetology, or a choice from our professional baking or culinary programs. Students gain the knowledge and confidence they need so that they may quickly gain the skills necessary for employment and achieve the success they desire. Choose from any of our convenient locations in New York, New Jersey, or Pennsylvania.
Star Career Academy graduates are employed in a wide variety of settings across the country, from restaurants and hotels to hospitals and physician’s offices.
- Career changer Michele Rogers, a medical assistant at Advanced Urgent Care in Langhorne, Pa. says “Star Career Academy has wonderful instructors and great clinical…which really prepared me for my current position.”
- Nigerian immigrant Julius Ogbu, a unit assistant at Grand View Hospital in Sellersville, Pa. adds “Thanks to Star, I am doing what I love to do, and I am 100 percent dedicated to it."
- Long Island (NY) Chef Barrett Beyer, a Season 11 contestant on Hell’s Kitchen says, “Star helped me to learn how to work as a member of a team in the kitchen and also be creative as an individual. Today I can tell people that I am a chef and I have been places only few have been to in such a short period of time.”
Financial Assistance Available to Those Who Qualify
Financial aid programs offer a way to bridge the gap between what the student and family can provide and what it will cost to attend the school if you qualify.
Star Career Academy uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid application (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for Federal Financial Aid Programs.
You do not have to be from a low-income family to qualify for financial aid, but you do have to be a person with a “financial need.” Your need is the difference between what it costs to attend Star’s programs and what you and your family can contribute.
Star Career Academy Accreditation
Accreditation is an approval process a school goes through to validate the quality of their programs, the education they provide, and their dedication to continually improve their school. The particular career school accreditation Star Career Academy has acquired (ACCSC) recognizes and assesses our career programs against accepted standards of performance, integrity, and quality. A list of the accreditation, approvals, and memberships associated with Star Career Academy can be seen below.
Star Career Academy is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information please visit our website at http://www.starcareer.edu/about-star/graduation-placement-gainful-employment-information/
Licensed by the State of New York, New York State Education Department.
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
New York State Department of Education
Approval for Veterans’ Training
Approval for I-20 Status
Job Training Partnership Act
Pennsylvania Department of Health
BONENT Approved Programs (Egg Harbor Campus)
BONENT Certified Testing Center (Egg Harbor)
Suffolk County Dept of Labor
American Culinary Federation Foundation (Long Island, NY Location)
American Hotel and Lodging Association
National Restaurant Association
International Association of Culinary Professionals
Chambers of Commerce (Syosset, NY; Brick, NJ; Greater Philadelphia)
Long Island Convention and Visitors Bureau and Sports Commission
Long Island Hotel & Lodging Association
We are a National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) approved testing facility and a National Healthcare Association (NHA) approved testing site.
The career school accreditation, approvals, and memberships listed on this page apply to all the Star Career Academy campuses located in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania unless otherwise indicated.Show more